Special Education Teacher
Essential Function: The teacher will work with a behavior analyst on developing and implementing curriculum for the classroom. Interested candidates will be enthusiastic, enjoy working with co-teachers and as part of a team, and have strong classroom management skills. Position exercises discretion and within well-defined guidelines, practices, procedures and confidentiality. Position reports to Academic Dean/Principal.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Supervise classroom consisting of up to eight students and up to eight staff members.
- Create lesson plans and schedules for assigned classroom group times a week at a time
- Attend all assigned student IEP meetings.
- Collect data on student programs and behavior plans.
- Provide training and supervision to classroom staff to levels of competency
- Provide group instruction to all students within classroom on a daily basis; provide 1:1 instruction to students as needed.
- Lead parent-teacher conferences
- Conduct weekly afterschool meetings in assigned classroom, three times per month.
- Attend recommended ongoing trainings and workshops to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Perform other activities/duties as assigned by classroom supervisors and school administrators
- Must adhere to school rules and regulations and follow department policies and procedures.
- Must be able to bend and kneel
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Special Education
- Valid teaching certificate in Illinois ages K-12 with LBS1 endorsement or enrolled in LBS1 endorsement program
- Experience in educating children with autism or related disorders preferred
- Experience in Applied Behavior Analysis and/or Verbal Behavior preferred
Send request for information to: email@example.com
The Winston Knolls School encourages and gives full consideration to all applicants for employment. The Winston Knolls School does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or genetic information.